What Do Christians Believe?
A Christian believes in Jesus Christ and is a person in whom Jesus Christ lives. All Christians have a core set of beliefs that are based on the Bible, this is the common Christian faith. These beliefs include the following matters regarding God, the Bible, Christ, salvation, and eternity:
- There is one unique God.
- The Bible is the Word of God.
- A Christian believes in Jesus Christ! Christ is the very God who became a man just like us; He is a wonderful man who has both the divine nature and the human nature.
- This man Jesus died on a cross to pay the debt of our sins and to redeem mankind back to God. He then resurrected from the dead three days later and ascended to the heavens.
- In His resurrection, Jesus Christ became the life-giving Spirit whom we can receive by believing in Him and calling on His name.
Roman 10:9-13 says “That if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved; for with the heart there is believing unto righteousness, and with the mouth there is confession unto salvation. For the Scripture says, `Everyone who believes on Him shall not be put to shame.' For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, for the same Lord is Lord of all and rich to all who call upon Him; for `whoever calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.’”
- Jesus is now living in all His believers, saving us from our fallen condition, and He is making home in their heart’s day by day. A Christian is a person in whom Christ lives!
- Christians believe that Jesus Christ will come again to the earth to set up His kingdom, receive all His believers to Himself, glorify them and make them eternally one with Him.
We have a unique collection of free books that will help you to understand what Christians believe and explain how you can receive and experience Jesus as your Savior and your life. You can continue reading more in the Mystery of Human Life.